I was tagged by the sweetheart over at My Life, as Mommy and Wife, Holly, to share a little about myself....So in case you wanted to know some randomness about The Redheaded Princess....then today is your day!
Okay...so here ya go....
1. Where were you born? Fort Lauderdale, Florida (Broward County aka home of the hanging chad)
2. Were you named after someone? My first name, no, but my middle name is my mother's name and grandmother's middle name
3. If you have children, how many do you have? I have three beautiful daughters ages 3,6 and 9. Couldn't be more blessed and proud!
4. How many pets do I have? I have one 90% sweet 10% psychotic tabby Siamese mix cat...she is female...so that may be all the explanation needed.....
5. What was your worst injury? Well, I've been pretty lucky...probably when we first moved into our apartment in the city I was carrying some couch cushions into our walk out basement and there were some little punk kids that I was worried were gonna steal the cushions, and rather than make two trips I tried to carry all of them at once but fell down the steps and put my elbow through the glass storm door. I got about 12 stitches.
6. Do I have a special talent? I'm creative but I never really developed any specific talent either artistically or musically. Wish I would've learned to play an instrument :(
7. What's your favorite thing to bake? My mom's Christmas cookies with frosting but I can only do it once a year because I have no self-control when it comes to eating them
8. What's your favorite fast-food? Chipotle or Qdoba
9. Would you bungee jump? There was a time when I would have said yes to that and even to sky diving BUT I have a lot more to lose now and I don't think I'm immortal anymore...so...No I wouldn't
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? If they smile...if they don't smile I usually stay back.
11. When was the last time you cried? At a funeral today..not boo-hoo crying..because I don't do that in front of people...but ya know..I needed some tissues...I'll miss that lady...
12. Any current worries? That I'm not a good example of a godly woman to my girls...it's a daily process that I fail often...I pray they see the good in me and my love for God...and them...
13. Name three drinks you drink regularly. Coke zero, sweet tea, Starbucks mocha frappuccino
14. What is your favorite book? Wow...that's a tough one! Currently...Uncle Tom's Cabin...aMAZing...I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wuthering Heights! Pride and Prejudice or any of Jane Austen's other books...also the Chronicles of Narnia series and Quo Vadis...I'm sorry I can't narrow it down....just check out my Books to Read Before You Die post...
15. Would you like to be a pirate? It'd be cool..especially if I was on Captain Hook's ship;-) (from Once Upon a Time) ( Dear God, don't let my Prince Charming read this) lol
16. What are your favorite smells? Food smells...I can't stand candles scented with lavender or any floral type scents...they have to be food like vanilla, coconut, apple, etc.
17. Why do you blog? To share my knowledge with others because I wished I had some help for a lot of things when I first got married, for myself, and to meet new people.
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I'm shy and quiet and hard to get to know at first...I don't always trust people with my feelings at first so it makes making friends tough..I definitely wish I had more girlfriends but its tough at this stage in life...and I wish I was more outgoing in a group setting...I do better one on one...
20. What is your favorite hobby? Cooking, decorating..making something new from something old, crocheting...it's hard to find the time though when you have three kids, a husband and work
21. What do you look for in a friend? someone who is friendly, someone who actually calls to see how I'm doing or returns calls, someone who cares about me as much as I do about them and tries to show it...(I don't have many of those, so the few I do have, I cherish :))
22. Name something you have done you never thought you would do. Start a blog, go back to school after I started a family
23. What are your favorite things to do? Roller coasters, skiing, whitewater rafting, camping, read, running
24. Any pet peeves? When people don't try to do something first before asking for help OR half-assing (pardon the expression) something just to get it done..either do it right or don't do it at all...that's my philosophy...I think I got that from my dad, bc it's his philosophy too...
25. What's the last thing that made you laugh? I watched Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake do the History of Rap oh, and my friend's funny stories at the funeral today...
Alright! Done! That wasn't so bad, now was it? So here's what ya do...go check out the ladies I'm tagging below and be sure and check out Holly too! She's great!
Reese @ The Importance of Being Reese
Laura @ Pruning Princesses
Mandy @ Messy Wife, Blessed Life
Whitney @ Sippy Cups and Pearls
Jean @ What Jean Likes